Following all the Robert's Snow posts in the blogosphere has become a great way to learn more about illustration and the way artists work. To explain a bit for those new to the endeavor, Robert's Snow is an online charity auction to raise funds for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. More than 200 children's book illustrators have decorated wooden snowflakes that are being auctioned off.
In support, a number of children's book blogs are featuring individual artists involved in the project. Masterminded by the indefatigable Julie Danielson at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast, Blogging for a Cure started in mid-October, and continues for the next several weeks. To see all the snowflakes in one place and to find out how to bid, visit the official site of Robert's Snow for Cancer's Cure.
Today, Sunday, November 4th
- Joy Allen at Check It Out
- Robin Brickman at Greetings from Nowhere
- Lauren Stringer at Laura Salas
- Nancy Wallace at In the Pages . . .
Monday, November 5th
- Anna Alter at The Longstockings
- Laura Huliska Beith at Just One More Book!!
- Cece Bell at Jo's Journal
- Denise Ortakales at Cynthia Lord’s Journal
Tuesday, November 6th
- Carol Heyer at The Shady Glade
- Joe Kulka at ChatRabbit
- Steven James Petruccio at Blog From the Windowsill
- Carol Schwartz at Jama Rattigan's Alphabet Soup
Wednesday, November 7th
- Jeff Ebbeler at Sam Riddleburger's blog
- Scott Magoon at Just One More Book!!
- Connie McLennan at The Shady Glade
- Julie Paschkis at the excelsior file
Thursday, November 8th
- Genevieve Cote at a wrung sponge
- Linda Graves at Your Neighborhood Librarian
- James Gurney at Charlotte's Library
- Matt Tavares at Please Come Flying
Friday, November 9th
- Susan Kathleen Hartung at Wild Rose Reader
- Mary Peterson at Brooklyn Arden
- Annette Simon at Check It Out and Deo Writer
- Melanie Watt at Whimsy Books
Saturday, November 10th