Kelly at Big A little a tagged me with a meme: name 20 random things about yourself. Here are a random 20 of my favorite works of art.
1. Court of Benin pendant mask, Metropolitan Museum of Art.
2. Double eagle pendant. Met Museum.
3. Frank Lloyd Wright room, Met Museum.
4. Tiffany window, Met Museum.
5. Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater model, Museum of Modern Art. One day I'll see the actual house, I hope.
6. Matisse's Red Studio, MoMA
7. Vermeer's Artist's Studio, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna. (Although I've never seen it in person, I've admired this painting since Art History 101.)
8. Alvin Ailey's "Revelations" (choreography). See Photo Gallery.
9. Millais's Ophelia, Tate Britain.
10. Hughes's April Love, Tate Britain.
11. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
12. Lincoln Center Theatre's 1998 production of "Twelfth Night," with set design by Bob Crowley and music by Jeanine Tesori.
13. Triptych of the Glorious Virgin, Musée de Cluny.
14. The Pietá, St. Peter's Basilica. Again, one day I'll get there...
15. Tom Otterness's Life Underground, New York.
16. Calder's Circus, Whitney Museum.
17. Comtesse d'Haussonville, by Ingres, Frick Collection.
18. Sherman's March, a 1986 documentary by Ross McElwee
19. The Seven Up! documentaries by Michael Apted
20. The Parthenon, Nashville. Somebody told me that there was one in Greece, too.
I've already tagged a few people with an earlier meme, but if you want to participate, do post your 20 random things on your blog.