Weekend Reading 3/23/06
March 23, 2006
Remember how in college the weekend started on Thursday? Tomorrow will be a blogging holiday at Chicken Spaghetti, so here is the weekend reading a bit early. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, and dive in! Don't worry about the splash...
- Enough with the "mommy wars" already, at the Forward
- No reading 'til 2nd grade? An emphasis on art and nature? A Waldorf School profiled, in the Newtown (CT) Bee
- Caldecott winner The Hello, Goodbye Window elbows Fancy Nancy aside for #1 spot on picture-book list, at Publishers Weekly
- Coyote chase in Central Park, in The New York Times
- A profile of "most challenged" kids' books author Robie H. Harris, courtesy of the Scripps-Howard News Service
- Free printable book plates by famous UK illustrators, at My Home Library
- A musical "Sarah Plain and Tall," plus travelling productions, at TheatreworksUSA
- The movie "Curious George" reviewed, at The Horn Book
- 2005 publishing trends, at the Cooperative Children's Book Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Includes "picture book lows and highs."
- A science teacher who is not permitted to use the "e" word (evolution) and is not permitted to tell his students how old rocks are, at the Arkansas Times
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.