Weekend Reading 6/1
June 01, 2006
A few links for your reading pleasure. The weekend starts tonight, yes? Please?
- New kid-lit blog in town, from reading guru Esme Raji Codell: The PlanetEsme Book-a-Day Plan. Welcome!
- Great art from the second-graders in MsAbcMom's class of little Mondrians and Matisses.
- The cool girls of children's literature, at Jen Robinson's Book Page.
- The Guardian children's fiction prize list of nominees is out. (News via Big A little a.) I haven't read a one of them, but A Fuse # 8 Production highly recommends Fly by Night, by Frances Hardinge.
- Some very funny comments from children after an author's visit, at Mitali Perkins' Fire Escape.
- Book Buds' quest for book suggestions for a pre-teen girl who loves to read.
- Chicken books, at Reading Rainbow. And one turtle title.
- The scoop on the Asian/Pacific American Awards for Literature, at Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog Cynsations.
- A La Bloga review of the young adult novel Estrella's Quinceañera, by Malin Alegria.
- Another prize for Kate Thompson and The New Policeman, at RTE (kinda like the British BBC. I think.)
- Re-publishing the entire backlist of the Love & Rockets comics, at Publishers Weekly.
Thanks for the link to my "cool girls" list, and for your input to the list earlier in the week. I had forgotten Lilly of the purple purse. My list is pretty non-discriminatory, so I'm not going to hold being a mouse against her. (grin).
Posted by: Jen Robinson | June 01, 2006 at 02:15 PM
You're welcome. Fun list there. And Lilly. I love her.
Posted by: Susan | June 01, 2006 at 07:21 PM