Big A little a tossed this meme to the kidlitosphere, and I couldn't resist.
1. One book that changed your life? Anne Moody's Coming of Age in Mississippi. Reading this autobiography as a teen, I began to understand the Civil Rights Movement.
2. One book you have read more than once? The Capers Papers, by Charlotte Capers. Humorous essays by a director of the Mississippi Dept. of Archives and History. She was a friend of Eudora Welty.
3. One book you would want on a desert island? I'd opt instead for a New Yorker subscription.
4. One book that made you laugh? Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris.
5. One book that made you cry? Little Women.
6. One book you wish had been written? I would love it if James Marshall were still alive and writing his funny children's books.
7. One book you wish had never been written? Rather than books, I am going to talk about a herb. Specifically, thyme. I wish it had not been invented because it crops up when I least expect it. Some people feel this way about raisins, but those I don't mind. Tarragon, dill, cumin, curry, cilantro: thumbs up. But spare me the thyme.
8. One book you are currently reading? Runaway, by Alice Munro.
9. One book you have been meaning to read? After reading Scholar's Blog's guest column on Terry Pratchett, I have been meaning to read Wee Free Men.
10. Now tag five people. Fellow bloggers, please chime in if you would like.