MotherReader sent a meme my way, suggesting the 5 Things About Me meme me me mememe (oops, I got stuck) in the form of last year's blog posts. I got through the first half of the year. Here goes:
5. I've been known to beg the American Library Association. (Jan.)
4. I didn't even write one of my favorite posts. Poet and librarian David Moody did. (Feb.)
3. The second Carnival of Children's Literature: A Coney Island Adventure took place right here. (Mar.) I used to be a paid lister and blurbologist (at this magazine), and I still love putting these sorts of things together.
2. In the spring my son and I discovered Where the Sidewalk Ends. (April)
1. I started volunteering at a school (not my son's, though I help out at the library there, too), where some first graders needed a little extra reading practice. I've continued reading with a new class of six year olds, and I love it. I highly recommend being a reading buddy. (May)